TALLAHASSEE—Today, State Surgeon General and Secretary of Health Dr. John Armstrong is speaking out about a recent decision by Mars, Incorporated. The company, most famous for making M&Ms, snickers and skittles, has recently come out in support of the World Health Organization and USDA's recommendation for people to limit their sugar intake to less than 10 percent of their daily calories. They are also in support of the FDA's 2014 proposal for food manufacturers to update nutrition labels to include added sugars.
- Compassionate Medical Cannabis Act Implementation
- Hillsborough Health Laboratory Directors Receive Awards For Exemplary Service
- "EMS Strong" During National Emergency Medical Services Week
- Dr. Kevin Sherin Appointed as Orange County Director
- Erin Hess Appointed As Marion County Administrator
- Health And Safety Tips For Memorial Day Weekend
Upcoming EventsMore Events...
(850) 227-1276 (Emergency, after hours or on holidays)
|Download the Full List of Reportable Diseases and Conditions|
Popular Programs & Services
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals