Mission, Vision & Values
To Protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, & community efforts.
Core Values: (ICARE)
- Innovation: We search for creative solutions and manage resources wisely.
- Collaboration: We use teamwork to achieve common goals & solve problems.
- Accountability: We perform with integrity & respect.
- Responsiveness: We achieve our mission by serving our customers & engaging our partners.
- Excellence: We promote quality outcomes through learning & continuous performance improvement.
The 10 Essential Services provide a working definition of public health and a guiding framework for the responsibilities of local public health systems.
links below opens in new browser window
- Monitor health status to identify and solve community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships and action to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health and services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable
- Assuree competent public and personal health care workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Research for new insight and innovative solutions to health problems.