Florida Department of Health Goulf County
- (850) 227-1276
2475 Garrison Ave
Port Saint Joe, Florida 32456
The Gulf County Vital Statistics office has access to and sells certified birth records of persons born in any Florida county from 1930 to present time. We also sell certified death certificates of persons who have died in Gulf County from 1962 to present time. For out of state birth and death records we have the phone number for the main offices in each state. For persons needing to make changes on Florida certificates we have some amendment forms available or we can give phone numbers for the Jacksonville office for more information or forms we do not have.
Our hours of operation:Monday thru Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. except holidays in Port St Joe (850-227-1276)
1st and 3rd Friday of each month, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. except holidays in Wewahitchka (850 639-2644)
Death certificates are available for Gulf County from our office and are $10.00 per copy.
Out of county Florida death certificates (since 2009) are also available for $10.00 per copy.
Florida Death Certificates Can Be Obtained By:
- Immediate family members
- Attorney(s) representing immediate family members.
- Banks, executors of estates, insurance companies or anyone requiring a death certificate to pay a policy or death benefit on the decedent.
- For other issuance conditions contact DOH-Gulf at 850-227-1276.
Application for a Gulf County Death Certificate MUST Contain The Following:
- Full name of the decedent.
- Date of death.
- City or county of death.
- Applicant’s relationship to the decedent.
- Purpose for the certified copy.
- Signature of the applicant.
- Mailing address
- Copy of valid photo ID (front and back) is required for all requests for certificates with cause of death listed.
- The fee.
If the death did not occur in Florida:
Please go to the following link to order certificates from other states: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/w2w.htm
*All fees are subject to change and are non refundable.